Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Commander Wesley R. Guinn

This was suppose to be my post for the fourth, but my internet has been acting up and I keep putting off finishing it. So this is just a reminder that we can still be patriotic even after the fourth. Just a thought about how much so many have given to protect our freedom. Its not a dramatic or glorious story, but simply about a man who has stayed the course and been a faithful part of our military.

I did a job at an older woman's house about a week ago. While I was filling out the paper work she asked me what my name was. I told her my name and she exclaimed,"that's my sons name." I could tell she was very proud of her son. She immediately asked if she could show me some pictures. Ordinarily I would have given some excuse about being in a hurry to get to my next job, but I didn't have another job right away and so I decided to amuse her.

She proceeded to show me an entire album of pictures dedicated to her son and his service in the Navy. He was the commander of the Los Angeles-class attack submarine USS Scranton for the last three years before he retired. I was very impressed. I don't know a lot about the military but I do know that it is an honor to command a submarine and only the best men receive that honor. I saw pictures of this man and his family and his men and thought, "this is a good man." He seems to have had a very full and accomplished life. I took a picture of one of the many pictures of him in the album:



I told his mother I would post this in my blog and I just thought it would be nice to give one of the many faithful in our military some of the respect and honor they deserves. Thank you Commander Guinn for your service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog